In their third year, students at the Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine participate in a combination of rotations and classes.
June through November
Consists of sessions that include morning clinic in TUSPM's Foot & Ankle Institute and area hospitals, in conjunction with afternoon classes.
- Foot & Ankle Institute
- Surgery Clinic
- Orthopedic Clinic
- Podiatric Medicine
- Diagnosis Clinic
- Wound Care/Physical Medicine
- Satellite Clinics
- TUSPM Operating Room
- Philadelphia Veterans Affairs Hospital
- Anesthesia (area hospitals)
December through May
Six one-month full-time blocks as follows.
- Foot & Ankle Institute - 3 months
- Podiatric Surgery Clinic
- Podiatric Orthopedics Clinic
- Podiatric Medicine Clinic
- Medicine Rotations - 3 months
- Internal Medicine Clerkship* AND two selections from below:
- Infectious Diseases Clerkship*
- Vascular Disease Clerkship*
- Orthopedic Clerkship*
- Clinical Neurology Clerkship*
*A structured on-line learning module with exam on these medical topics is completed by students during the respective medical clerkship.