Thank you for considering TUSPM for your career in podiatric medicine. We hope this section answers your questions about the profession, and informs you about the many excellent resources TUSPM has to offer.
- Fully integrated with a large, comprehensive university health system.
- One of the largest podiatric medical treatment facilities anywhere, the Foot & Ankle Institute, with approximately 40,000 patient visits annually.
- Early hands-on clinical training — rotations through our two facilities, as well as through various facets of the Temple University Health System — start during second year.
- One of the few schools to offer the benefit of a connection to a major university. Our students enjoy all Temple University facilities, including numerous libraries, computer labs, and sporting and cultural events.
- One of the largest podiatric medical libraries in the United States.
- On-campus housing for students.
TUSPM seeks to enroll qualified students regardless of race, gender, religion or physical handicap. We are proud of our tradition as a national and international resource, having educated men and women from across the United States and a number of foreign countries.
TUSPM is also committed to helping students with the cost of medical education, providing some form of financial aid to approximately 85 percent of TUSPM students. This year, we awarded more than $500,000 in scholarships to incoming students based on cumulative GPA, the competitiveness of the undergraduate institution, and MCAT scores. Scholarships for second-, third- and fourth-year students, as well as loans and work study, are available through the Office of Student Financial Services.
Learn more about our students and TUSPM by reading our Gaitway Newsletter.