In order for students to be considered for admittance into TUSPM, the following must be completed.
- The minimum requirement is 90 semester hours of undergraduate education at an accredited college or university, as well as prerequisite courses (most incoming students have at least a bachelor's degree).
- A personal interview is required for all students under consideration by the Admissions Committee. Applicants take part in an interview day that consists of a tour of the TUSPM campus, lunch with current students, and interviews conducted by faculty members and Admissions personnel.
- Average cumulative GPAs of the last few entering classes have been above 3.2. Students may apply to TUSPM before completing the prerequisite course work, providing those courses are completed before matriculation.
- An acceptable score from the MCAT is required. An exam taken more than three years prior to the beginning of the application cycle is not acceptable.
- An academic letter of evaluation is required from an advisor, premedical advisory committee or two letters from science faculty and a letter from a podiatric physician. TUSPM participates in Interfolio and Virtual Evals.
Prerequisite Courses for Admissions:
- Biology or Zoology: Eight semester hours, including laboratory; additional courses in Anatomy, Cell Biology, Embryology, Evolution, Genetics, Histology, Microbiology, and Physiology are recommended, but not required.
- General/Inorganic Chemistry: Eight semester hours, including laboratory.
- Organic Chemistry: Eight semester hours, including laboratory; an additional course in Biochemistry is recommended but not required.
- Physics: Eight semester hours, including laboratory.
- English: Six semester hours.
- An additional 52 semester hours that may be science electives.