TUSPM students who wish to obtain a work-study position through the university can by meeting the following requirements.
- Eligible for federal work-study (FWS) is limited to matriculated students who are enrolled at least half-time.
- Completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- FWS is limited each semester to the amount on your award letter.
- The maximum award for the year is $3,000 ($1,500/semester) and work hours are limited to 20 hours per week.
- Employment opportunities can be viewed via the TUportal, student links, Studentjobs@temple.edu. Students must apply for each work study position for which they seek employment.
- All Students must print a copy of the on-line application (called the “CSS Form” or Candidate Self-Service), sign it where indicated on the last page, and bring it to the Business Office along with a signed Acknowledgment of Confidential Information Policy. First-time work study students must complete forms I-9 and W-4 as well.
- Pay rate varies, but it is generally around $8.00 per hour.