TUSPM offers a free, four-day winter internship program (WIP) in January or an eight-day summer internship program (SIP) in June for undergraduate students.
Interns attend workshops and seminars on podiatric medicine, as well as shadow and work with podiatric physicians in hospital, private practice, and outpatient clinic settings. A TUSPM student doctor will also work with interns on a case presentation.
Winter Internship Program
January 4 to 7, 2014
Application deadline: November 26, 2014
Summer Internship Program
Students must have completed 45 credit hours at an undergraduate institution and may not have previously applied to a school of podiatric medicine. Topics covered during the program include: gross anatomy of the foot and ankle; introduction to podiatric medicine; biomechanics and pathomechanics of the foot and ankle; foot screening and evaluation; diabetes; sports injuries; geriatric conditions; pediatrics; surgery and wound healing.
Applicants must complete and submit the following items in a sealed and signed envelope: Application form
- College transcript or grade report
- Essay indicating why you are interested in a health care career
- A recommendation from a college faculty member indicating your interest and aptitude for science and medicine
- A letter describing your activities and/or work experience that demonstrate your interest and aptitude for working with people (i.e. health care setting, community service, volunteer work, etc.)
- Submission of standardized test results are optional
Please submit a maximum of one typed page per item and include all pages in one envelope.
Fees and Lodging
A $100 reservation fee is due upon acceptance into the internship program. This fee will be refunded upon completion of the program. Lodging at a hotel within walking distance of the school will be arranged for WIP participants. Lodging for SIP participants will be in on-campus housing. There are no charges for lodging for either the winter and summer internship sessions. Interns are responsible for meals and other miscellaneous expenses.
To inquire about TUSPM's Internship Program, please call 215-625-5451.