Tracey Vlahovic, DPM, FFPM, FCPS (Glasg)
1. Adigun CG, Vlahovic TC, et al. “Efinaconazole 10% and Tavaborole 5% Penetrate Across Poly-ureaurethane 16%: Results of In Vitro Release Testing and Clinical Implications of Onychodystrophy in Onychomycosis.” J Drugs Dermatol. 2016 Sep 1;15(9):1116-20.
2. Vlahovic TC. “Plantar Hyperhidrosis: An Overview.” Clin Podiatr Med Surg. 2016 Jul;33(3):441-51.
3. Vlahovic TC. “Dermatologic Concerns of the Lower Extremity in the Pediatric Patient.” Clin Podiatr Med Surg. 2016 Jul;33(3):367-84.
4. Vlahovic TC, Khan MT. “The Human Papillomavirus and Its Role in Plantar Warts: A Comprehensive Review of Diagnosis and Management.” Clin Podiatr Med Surg. 2016 Jul;33(3):337-53.
5. Vlahovic, TC. “Onychomycosis: Evaluation, Treatment Options, Managing Recurrence, and Patient Outcomes.” Clin Podiatr Med Surg. 2016 Jul;33(3):305-18
6. Vlahovic TC, Joseph WS, Scher RK, Tosti A, Plasencia J, Pariser DM, Markinson BC. “Diagnosis and Management of Onychomycosis: Perspectives from a Joint Podiatry-Dermatology Roundtable,” J Am Podiatr Med Assoc 2016 Mar;106(2):155-62.
7. Vlahovic T. “The Role of Naftifine HCl 2% Gel and Cream in Treating Moccasin Tinea Pedis” J Drugs Dermatol. 2016 Feb 1;15(2):s56-9.
8. Vlahovic T et al. “Evaluation of the Appearance of Nail Polish Following Daily Treatment of Ex Vivo Human Fingernails With Topical Solutions of Tavaborole or Efinaconazole” J Drugs Dermatol. 2016 Jan; 15(1):89-94.
9. Stein Gold L, Vlahovic T, Verma A, et al. “Naftifine Hydrochloride Gel 2%: An Effective Topical Treatment for Moccasin-Type Tinea Pedis,” J Drugs Dermatol. 2015;14(10):1138-1144.
10. Vlahovic T et al. “Candida albicans Immunotherapy for Verrucae Plantaris,” JAPMA 105 (5): 395-400, 2015.
11. Scher RK, Tosti A, Joseph WS, Vlahovic TC, Plasencia J, Markinson BC, Pariser DM. “Onychomycosis Diagnosis and Management: Perspectives from a Joint Dermatology-Podiatry Roundtable,” J Drugs Dermatol. 2015 Sep 1;14(9):1016-21.
12. Vlahovic T, MPharm TM, Chanda S, Zane LT, Coronado D. “In Vitro Nail Penetration of Tavaborole Topical Solution, 5%, Through Nail Polish on Ex Vivo Human Fingernails,” J Drugs Dermatol. 2015 Jul;14(7):675-8.
13. Adams C, Athanasoula E, Lee W, Mahmudova N, Vlahovic TC. “Environmental and Genetic Factors on the Development of Onychomycosis,” J. Fungi 2015, 1(2), 211-216; http://www.mdpi.com/2309-608X/1/2/211
14. Blutfield M, Lohre J, Pawich D, Vlahovic TC. “The Immunologic Response to Trichophyton Rubrum in Lower Extremity Fungal Infections,” J. Fungi 2015, 1(2), 130-137; http://www.mdpi.com/2309-608X/1/2/130
15. Draelos Z, Vlahovic TC, Gold MH et al. “A Randomized, Double-blind, Vehicle-controlled Trial of Luliconazole Cream 1% in the Treatment of Interdigital Tinea Pedis.” J Clin Aesthet Dermatol. 2014 Oct;7(10):20-7.
16. Vlahovic TC and Joseph WS. “Efinaconazole 10%, solution for the treatment of toenail onychomycosis in patients with diabetes.” J Drugs Dermatol. Oct; 13(10):611-15, 2014.
17. Joseph WS, Vlahovic TC, Pillai R, Olin JT Efinaconazole 10% solution in the treatment of onychomycosis of the toenails., J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. Sep; 104(5):479-85, 2014.
18. Elewski BE and Vlahovic T. “Econazole Nitrate Foam 1% for the Treatment of Tinea Pedis: Results from Two Double-Blind, Vehicle-Controlled, Phase 3 Clinical Trials,” J Drugs Dermatol July; 13(7):803-808, 2014.
19. Wagoner M, Creech C, and Vlahovic T. “Idiopathic Mixed Small and Medium Vessel Vasculitis: A Case Report” The Foot and Ankle Online Journal, March 2014 http://faoj.org/2014/03/31/idiopathic-mixed-small-and-medium-vessel-cuta...
20. Stein Gold L, Parish LC, Vlahovic T, et al “Efficacy and Safety of Naftifine HCl Gel 2% in the Treatment of Interdigital and Moccasin Type Tinea Pedis : Pooled Results from Two Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Vehicle-Controlled Trials.” Journal of Drugs in Dermatology 12(8):911-918, 2013.
21. Vlahovic T and Morrow J “Ustekinumab in the Treatment of Moderate to Severe Lower Extremity Psoriasis: A case series,” The Foot and Ankle Online Journal 5(11): 1 2012.
22. Rawe IM, Vlahovic T “The use of a portable, wearable form of pulsed radio frequency electromagnetic energy device for the healing of recalcitrant ulcers: a case report” Int Wound J Volume 9, Issue 3, p 253-258, 2011.
23. Vlahovic T, Hinton EA, Chakravarthy D, Fleck CA “A Review of Cyanoacrylate Liquid Skin Protectant and Its Efficacy on Pedal Fissures,” J Am Coll Cert Wound Spec 2(4): 79, 2010.
24. Lyman TP, Vlahovic T “Foot care from A to Z,” Dermatology Nursing Sept/Oct 2010: online at http://www.dermatologynursing.net/ceonline/2012/articleJ1005.pdf
25. Vlahovic T, Klimaz T, Piemontese M., “Plantar Verrucous Carcinoma: An unusual case of bone invasion and osteomyelitis“Advances in Skin and Wound Care Journal 22(11): 554, 2009.
26. Vlahovic T, Kemp K, Dunn SP. “The use of a clindamycin 1%-benzoyl peroxide 5% topical gel in the treatment of pitted keratolysis: a novel therapy,” Advances in Skin and Wound Care Journal 22(11): 564, 2009.
27. Vlahovic T, Paskey K, Dunn SP. “Herpes Zoster Affecting the Lower Extremity: Two Cases,” Advances in Skin and Wound Care Journal 22(11): 502, 2009.
28. Minhas S, Vlahovic, T. “Pedal Kaposi’s Sarcoma as the first sign of HIV: A Case Report,” The Foot & Ankle Journal 1(8): 3, 2008.
29. Hadfield R, Vlahovic T, Khan MT. “The Use of Marigold Therapy for Podiatric Skin Conditions,” The Foot & Ankle Journal 1(7): 1, 2008.
30. Coates C, Piraino, J, Leonheart E, and Vlahovic T. “Multiple Venous Malformations in the Lower Extremity: A Case Study,”Advances in Skin and Wound Care Journal 21(6): 267, 2008.
31. Vlahovic T, Dunn SP, Blau J, and Gauthier C. “Injectable Botulinum Toxin as a Treatment for Plantar Hyperhidrosis: A Case Study,” JAPMA 98(2): 156, 2008.
32. Coates C, Boehm A, Leonheart E, and Vlahovic T. “Malignant Transformation of Plantar Verruca” Advances in Skin and Wound Care Journal 19: 384, 2006.
33. Lamm B, Ribiero C, Vlahovic, T et al “Peg in hole, end to end, and V arthrodesis: A Fresh Cadaveric Specimen Comparison of Digital Stabilization.” Presented at ACFAS Student Poster Competition, Los Angeles. JAPMA 91: 63, 2001.
34. Lamm B, Ribiero C, Vlahovic, T et al “Lesser PIPJ Arthrodesis: A Retrospective Analysis of Three Procedures.” JAPMA 91: 331, 2001.
35. Vlahovic T, et al. “A Case Presentation of Peroneal Neuropathy Induced Drop Foot: An Objective Gait Analysis of Correlated and Compensatory Lower Extremity Function.” JAPMA 90: 411, 2000.
Sponsored Research: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study of the Efficacy and Safety of Gevokizumab in Treating Active Ulcers of Pyoderma Gangrenosum. (sponsor, Xoma), ended 2016.
An Open-Label Study to Evaluate the Safety of Long-Term Administration Product 33525 in Subjects with Tinea Pedis, Tinea Corporis, or Tinea Cruris (sponsor, Medicis, 2012)
A Randomized, Double-Blind, Vehicle-Controlled, Multicenter, Parallel Group Study of the Safety and Efficacy of Terbinafine Nail Lacquer 3% in the Treatment of Mild to Moderate Distal Subungual Onychomycosis of the Toenails for 52 Weeks (sponsor: Promius Pharmaceuticals, Phase III, 2010-2012)
A Randomized, Multi-Center, Double-Blind, Vehicle-Controlled Study Evaluating the Efficacy and Safety of Product 33525 in Subjects with Tinea Pedis (sponsor: Medicis Pharmaceuticals, Phase III, 2011)
A Phase 3 Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Multicenter, Parallel Group Evaluation of the Efficacy and Safety of NAFT-600 in Subjects with Tinea Pedis (sponsor: Merz Pharmaceuticals, Phase III, 2011)
A Multi-Center, Randomized Double-Blinded, Pivotal Study of the Safety, Local Tolerability, and Efficacy of UVC-Rich Wide Spectrum Phototherapy for the Treatment of Onychomycosis (sponsor: Keraderm, phase III study, 2010-2011)
A Phase 3, Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind Study Evaluating the Safety and Efficacy of IDP-108 Topical Solution versus Vehicle in Subjects with Mild to Moderate Onychomycosis of the Toenails (sponsor: Dow Pharmaceuticals (now Valeant), Phase III study, 2009-2011)
A Phase 3 Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Multicenter, Parallel Group Evaluation of the Efficacy and Safety of NAFT-500 in Subjects with Tinea Pedis (sponsor: Merz Pharmaceuticals, Phase III study, 2008-2009)
A Study of the Qualitative Differences in a Generic vs Brand Name Lactic Acid Cream on the Lower Extremity, Trial of Lactinol E Cream vs Lactic Acid 10% cream for Rivers Edge Pharmaceuticals, 2007.
A Study of the Qualitative Differences in a Generic vs Brand Name Lactic Acid Lotion on the Lower Extremity, Trial of Lactinol lotion vs Lactic Acid 10% lotion for Rivers Edge Pharmaceuticals, 2007.
A Study of the Qualitative Differences in a Generic vs Brand Name Salicylic Acid Cream on the Lower Extremity, Trial of ReSa Cream vs Salex cream for Rivers Edge Pharmaceuticals, 2007.
A Study of the Qualitative Differences in a Generic vs. Brand Name Salicylic Acid Lotion on the Lower Extremity, Trial of ReSa lotion vs. Salex lotion for Rivers Edge Pharmaceuticals, 2007.
Vlahovic, T. “Low Pulsed Electromagnetic Therapy (ActiPatch™) as a Useful and Effective Adjunct for the Healing of Recalcitrant Wounds”, White Paper for Bioelectronics, 2005.
Completed Clinical Trials: Other Responsibility
Adjudicator of Independent Reviewers: A 6-Month, Prospective, Open-Label, Multiple Center Extension Trial to Evaluate the Long-Term Safety and Sustained Efficacy of Fragmin in the Treatment of Chronic Foot Ulcers in diabetic patients With Peripheral Arterial Occlusive Disease, 2009
Adjudicator of Independent Reviewers: Phase 3b, 6-Month, Prospective, Randomized, Double Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Parallel Group, Multi-Center Trial to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of Fragmin® in the Treatment of Chronic Neuro-ischemic Foot Ulcers in Diabetic Patients, 2010
Editors: Tosti, Antonella, Vlahovic, Tracey, Arenas, Roberto (Eds.), Springer Publishing, 2017. http://www.springer.com/us/book/9783319448527
Author of Chapter: “Medical Podiatry and Nail Disease” in Nails: Diagnosis, Therapy, And Surgery, 4th edition, edited by Richard Scher, Ralph Daniel III, Adam Rubin, and Nathaniel Jellinek, Springer Science, publishing date TBD
Guest Editor for Clinics in Podiatric Medicine and Surgery, July 2016 issue. Authored and co-authored several articles on Warts, Hyperhidrosis, and Onychomycosis; www.podiatric.theclinics.com
“Dermatology,” Guest editor; Tracey C. Vlahovic for Volume 26, Number 2, Summer issue, Foot and Ankle Quarterly, Editor in Chief: Stephanie C. Wu, DPM, MSc, Datatrace publishing, 2015. Also authored feature article on Lower Extremity Psoriasis and recorded audio lecture on onychomycosis therapies for this issue. Faqjournal.com
“Dermatologic Conditions of the Lower Extremity,” authored and edited by Tracey C. Vlahovic in Compendium of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Editor: K. Whitney, Datatrace Publishing.
Skin Disease of the Lower Extremities: A Photographic Guide: by Tracey C. Vlahovic and Stephen M Schleicher, HMP Publications, July 2012 http://lowerextremityderm.com/