Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine’s fourth-year clinical education program has been designed to provide optimal cognitive and technical development, while maintaining individual scheduling flexibility.
Year four consists of the following:
- Medicine clerkships at Temple University Health Science Center, area teaching hospitals and our special affiliated hospitals
- Podiatric clerkship programs in hospitals and other healthcare facilities throughout the United States.
- Podiatric medical rotations at the Foot & Ankle Institute
- Private podiatric medical practice setting - podiatric clerkship
- 10 one-month units and two one-month vacations
- One podiatric office clerkship
- Medical clerkships* (one of these four to be selected):
- Infectious Disease
- Vascular Medicine and Surgery
- Clinical Neurology
- TUSPM Foot & Ankle Institute
- Clinic: Podiatric Surgery
- Clinic: Podiatric Medicine
- Clinic: Podiatric Orthopedics
- Five hospital-based podiatric clerkships
*A structured online learning module with exam on these medical topics is completed by students during the respective medical clerkship.