To apply, students must have completed
45 credit hours, prior to participating, in programs at an undergraduate institution and may not have previously applied to a school of podiatric medicine. Topics covered during the program include: gross anatomy of the foot and ankle; introduction to podiatric medicine; biomechanics and pathomechanics of the foot and ankle; foot screening and evaluation; diabetes; sports injuries; geriatric conditions; pediatrics; and wound healing.
Applicants must complete and submit the following items in a sealed and signed envelope:
- application form
- college transcript or grade report
- essay indicating why you are interested in a health care career
- a recommendation from a college faculty member indicating your interest and aptitude for science and medicine
- a letter describing your activities and/or work experience that demonstrate your interest and aptitude for working with people (i.e. health care setting, community service, volunteer work, etc.)
- submission of standardized test results are optional
Please submit a maximum of one typed page per item and include all pages in one envelope. The
Summer Internship Program (held from June 7 - 14, 2013) application deadline is
April 19, 2013.
A $100 reservation fee is due upon acceptance into the internship program. This fee will be refunded upon completion of the program. Lodging at a hotel within walking distance of the school will be arranged for WIP participants. Lodging for SIP participants will be in on-campus housing. There are no charges for lodging for either the winter and summer internship sessions. Interns are responsible for meals and other miscellaneous costs.
To inquire about TUSPM's Internship Program, please call 215-625-5451.
|© Copyright 2013 Temple University. All Rights Reserved.